Friday, February 10, 2012

Website Content Writers and Personal Freedom

One of the things that attracted me personally to freelance content writing was the freedom it provides. I have always loved writing, but even more than that I wanted a career that would allow me to set my own hours and travel anywhere I wanted while still being able to work.

The truth is, any sort of freelance career provides these opportunities, but many people still feel trepidation about stepping outside of their comfort zones. I've been in Costa Rica for nearly 3 years, and I've been feeling the travel bug once again. What I realized, though, was that this time it's different.

The Freedom to Change

Right now I could spin a globe and head wherever my finger lands, not because I'm rich but because my work allows me to go anywhere in the world without worrying about losing my job. There's something really freeing in that realization, and any website content writers out there are in the exact same situation.

You don't have to be bound by common conventions of how or where you are supposed to work. In a very real sense, the world is your oyster. If traveling is not your cup of tea, you still have plenty of options. Freelance content writing allows you to pursue hobbies and personal goals throughout the day because you are the person who sets your schedule.

But I Have to Work All the Time!

A lot of website content writers come into this job with the idea that they have to work constantly to make ends meet. For awhile that may be true, but these same people end up getting stuck in routine and feel like they're trapped, the same way a bumblebee will never fly out of a jar even though the lid is off. If you're constantly looking left and right, you never have time to look up and see where things could go if you just took the initiative.

The truth is, you probably do have to work a lot, but not all day, every day. If you decide to set aside 2 hours every morning to exercise, or paint model trains, or go out and explore your city, or whatever you want to do, you'll find that the bills are still getting paid despite the fact that you're taking those hours off.

No comments:

Post a Comment